Have you decorated your carrel with inspiration for your thesis? Or is your décor there to distract from your stress? Show off your style in our contest!
This semester on Canaday’s Next Top Carrel, Canaday Library will be holding a contest for the best decorated carrel in the stacks. To enter, you must be a graduate student or senior graduating in Spring 2014 — undergraduates and continuing education students will have their chance one day!
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive a prize ribbon to add to their decorations, and there will be a special prize for 1st place!
Entry forms are available at the Circulation Desk; complete a form, drop it in the bucket, and you’re ready to compete! Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) will be announced via Bryn Mawr College Libraries’ Facebook page on Monday, December 16th. All decorations must be up by 10 a.m. that day.
- No extension cords or decorations requiring electricity
- No flashing lights, heat sources or fire
- No alcohol, drugs or restricted substances
- All decorations must be removable
- Carrels may not be permanently altered—no carving, cutting, painting, etc.
- Carrels must stay in their current locations
- Decorations must not have sound — respect the quiet floors!
- No decorations to distract other students from their studies
- No food
- Beverages must be in spill-proof containers
- Books and other library materials may not be used or altered for decoration
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org